Monday, January 31, 2011

2010 Memories...

What a year!

This was an amazing year filled with experiences that will never be forgotten.

Here are a few of the highlights with pictures!

Disneyland Trip with cousins Abbey and Tony and their adorable family, and Maddie and Ali and their boyfriends

Visit from Chelsea and new nephew Alex

Visit from Somer for the CF Ladies Luncheon and winning the "Woman Who Takes Our Breath Away" Award

Ryan's trek to Mt. Everest Base Camp with Mom, Dax and Zak

Hawaii Trip with family

Harrison gets a big boy bed and starts Preschool

Watching Dax cross the finish line after this 50 mile run. His physical strength, willpower and endurance are a constant inspiration to me

The Annual CF Breath of Life Gala where my mom received the "Breath of Life" Award and I was the speaker

This year also had a few tough weeks...NINE to be exact. I was on I.V.'s for nine consecutive weeks this year and it was hard to say the least. However, I have said this before and I will say it again and again: Any trials I am called to bear are overcompensated by an outpouring of love and blessings from my Heavenly Father.

The darkest moments I experienced this year brought about some of the sweetest moments I experienced this year. Moments where my family rallied around me, fasted and prayed and helped with Harrison. Moments when I felt hopelessness turn into hope and felt a subtle reassurance that I would bounce back yet again.

These thoughts are for another post but just wanted to summarize here that although this was a difficult year in terms of my health, the good times definitely outweighed the tough times but I will remember the good and the tough because that is what gives me the strength to keep fighting!
(this is how many hours were spent during those difficult months of I.V. and double vest and breathing treatments. Harrison and Ryan were my cheerleaders and got me through the monotony of all the treatments!)

Love looking back on the past year in gratitude and looking forward to the next year with faith and hope for another blessed year!

7 comments:

Dirty Running said...

What a fun year. I'm grateful that I was able to share some of those memories with you. Love you Shar.

OceanDesert said...

What a year is RIGHT!!! Great post, Shar... I know 2011 is going to be a fantastic year!

Unknown said...

What a great year! I'm so glad I was able to be with you for some of it! I can't wait to see you again...soon! I love you, Shar! phone call = soon

Katelyn said...

What a great year! I am so glad you have such a great family and support system around you to help you in the hard times and to rejoice with you during the good times!

Emilee said...

I'm so glad your faith and the faith of your family helped your health to get better. It's amazing what the lord will bless us with because we are willing to have faith in him. You are amazing and I pray this year brings forth more happiness than you could imagine!

Collette Larsen said...

Yes...I believe 2010 will go down as one of the most memorable of my life. You were a shining example to me through it all. I love you.

Mom

Somer Love said...

Can't wait to see what 11 will bring!

Xo