Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Day 14...Ali's Wedding Extravaganza!

Tomorrow I plan on doing an update on Katrina. I don't have all the info. yet but please keep praying, there have been developments and I believe Katrina will get her miracle!

So...today I am going to share a few pictures from my cousin's wedding. I never really blogged about it, just about how going to Utah was super hard on my health. Never mind that! This is the FUN stuff!

This wedding was unbelievable. It was so special to be in the Temple with Ali and Eric. Ali is one of the most beautiful people I know. She's gorgeous yeah, but that's not the kind of beautiful I'm talking about. Her soul is beautiful. She is wise, kind, mature beyond her years, she has a strong faith and testimony of the love of her Savior, she is generous and pure and so so fun to be with. There is not a time that we are together that I don't end up splitting my gut laughing!

Check out this stunning couple:

After the ceremony:

I love this picture of me with my mom and Grandma. I don't know if I have any pictures of just the three of us.

The Reception: (Watching Ali dance with her dad was definitely the most touching moment of the night, they were both so emotional and full of love for each other. It was beautiful.)

I truly love Ali like a sister and was honored to spend this special day with her!


Day 14 of the Healthy Home Challenge: "Plastic Islands?!?!"

Even though this book focuses on creating healthier homes, it also discusses how plastic has an impact on our much larger world.

"If not recycled or disposed of properly, plastic ends up in our waterways, degrading so slowly that there are now massive "plastic islands" floating in the Pacific and Atlantic oceans. Bit by bit, lighters, trinkets, grocery bags, and containers break into smaller fragments that fish, marine mammals, and seabirds mistake for food. This can be a lethal mistake--both for the animals and for us.

Suddenly, the toxins we've worked so hard to avoid in our home are found in the marine food chain, where they will make their way back to our dinner tables."

There are many solutions to cutting down on the amount of plastic in our homes and in our environment, but one simple and inexpensive solution is to use reusable grocery bags. I see these for sale everywhere and have accumulated quite a few. I keep them in my trunk and use them as much as I can.

I am still getting in the habit of grabbing them before I go into the store and have forgotten, but as a part of this challenge am recommitting to be more diligent in using these. Today at Target I whipped out my reusable bag!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

shar- this was so sweet! thank you! i am so glad YOU were there!! now we just need to come visit you and go the san diego temple! i love you!

Anonymous said...

Sharlie,
I LOVE your blog. You make me cry, ponder, and smile. Just today I collected a plastic water bottle from the beach so some poor sea creature wouldn't consume it. Love the book you gave me. I browse through it when I feed my baby.:) Hope you are having a beautiful day!
Annette