One of my sweet angels turned 31 today!! Somer and I have been friends for almost 15 years and she is such a blessing in my life. I personally feel like Lexi sent her straight to me because she knew I would need somebody in my life that could understand what I was going through and be there for me through anything. Somer, I look forward to MANY MANY years of laughter and memories with you...I love you!
31 things I love about Somer:
1. Her NAME: Somer Love--are you kidding me with that name, so awesome!
2. The love she has for her friends: Somer is the most loyal, thoughtful friend. Always thinking of others before herself.
3. The amazing mom she is to her "babies," Oscar and Lily: they are so loved and so adorable!!
4. Our shared love of lime sherbet : )
5. Her obsession with Madonna: I will never see or hear anything related to Madonna again without thinking of Somer and smiling.
6. Her style: no matter what, she always looks like she just walked out of Nordstroms!
7. Her absolute passion for life: every day seems to be a celebration, she truly LOVES life!!
8. The adorable auntie she is to Makena and River: they are so lucky to have her!
9. I love that Somer wouldn't let me have a bite of her tiramisu because she was afraid it had alcohol in it...she keeps me honest : )
10. Her VESPA!! If I ever need cheering up, I can think of Somer riding her vespa. It just makes me happy!
11. Her unending, tireless work to raise awareness and funds for Cystic Fibrosis: Check out her website.
12: Her incredible artistic talent: I am moved by her paintings. I am honored to have one that graces the entryway in my home. They are spectacular!
13. The way she connects people: I learned about "connectors" in the Tipping Point, Somer is definitely a connector.
14. Her listening skills: I feel so blessed to have someone to confide in that I know knows what it is really like to live and deal with C.F. She is ALWAYS there no matter what!
15. Her School Spirit: Go Utes!
16. Her laugh: Simply contagious!
17. Her quick wit: the story about the guys in the elevator looking at her port still makes me laugh out loud : )
18. Her sexy TOBI voice
19. Our shared fear of germs: She definitely wins though...Harrison has mellowed me out!
20. I love and cherish our late night talks
21. I love that she rented a car, changed all her plans, and drove to be by my side at the C.F. Ladies Luncheon. It meant so much to me that she was there!
22. I love the "BCF" bracelet she gave to me that morning, I wear it with pride!!
23. Her love for her parents and her siblings: Family is everything to Somer.
24. How her hospital room is a total party: Every time she gets admitted, her family decorates her room in a new "theme" and it's a total party, so Somer.
24. How she calls the hospital "the joint." I didn't know what she was talking about at first, I thought she got arrested : )
25. Her confidence and sense of self worth: she knows she's awesome but isn't the least bit cocky : )
26. Her Blog: Always brightens my day
27. How she makes everybody feel like they are the most important person in the world, she never loses an opportunity to lift someone and make them feel so special.
28. I love how she can make instant friends with anyone and everyone. Everyone who meets her LOVES her!!
29. I respect how proactive and diligent she is with her treatments. She doesn't take her health for granted and she works very hard at staying healthy, it's an inspiration.
30. Her spunk: it serves her very well : )
31. I especially love our friendship, it blesses my life so much!!!
Happy Birthday BCF!!