Thursday, April 15, 2010

Disneyland!!


My darling cousin Ali turned 21 on March 29th and decided to take a little road trip from Salt Lake to San Diego to visit some of her favorite cousins! We all headed to Disneyland and had the most fun day! Last time we were at Disneyland, Harrison was too little to even be aware of where we were so it was so fun to discover it anew through his fascinated eyes!

Besides one little incident where he had to take a "time out" for deliberately putting his hands ALL OVER the TOILET SEAT...after I told him "honey, don't touch the seat, okay? It's really dirty and germy and just please don't touch it or your germaphobe momma might have a panic attack, etc. etc." he inched his little paw towards the seat to see my reaction and I did the wrong thing, (picture in slow motion a crazy woman reaching for her child's hand saying "Nooooooooo!") because he just gave me his stinker little grin and covered as much surface area as he could before I could restrain him. Yeah, he got a time out. He's really into testing me right now and if I didn't think he was so dang cute and smart and clever and funny, I would be really annoyed : )

The rest of the day went off without a hitch and was filled with family, sun, parades, junk food and wonder...oh and LIGHTNING MCQUEEN!!! Here are a few (lots) of pictures that I love:

Happy Birthday Al, I love you!!

Toy Story Ride at California Adventure, we went twice...
not so much because Harrison loved it but because Ryan needed to improve his score!

I love these girls!

Harrison drying off after some fun at the Bugs Life splash park

Harrison and his cousin Jackson...such cute buddies!

high fiven'
Harrison needs a little space...
now Jackson needs a little space...
They both LOVE Cars the Movie so this was definitely a highlight!

Parade Time!! (who's more excited?!)

Ryan took this one and I love it!

Cuddling with his best buddy Garrett after a long day...

Disneyland is a whole different experience with a toddler, for example, lots more potty breaks, fewer rides, actually watching the parades and much more casual meandering. I much prefer it... Harrison was asleep before we left the parking structure! Magical Day!

6 comments:

a-hyde said...

Thanks for posting all these great pictures! I think this needs to be an annual trip for our little guys!

Katelyn said...

It looks like y'all had so much fun! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

shar i loved this post! you are so sweet! love you!

Dawny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dawny said...

Awww these pics are great Shar...it looks like you guys had so much fun! "Little" Harrison is such a big boy now! It's crazy how fast the kids are growing up. :-) I hope it won't be too long before we'll have a chance to see him again!

Courtney said...

I can see that I am going to have to invest in an awful lot of Purell when I have kids. So gross.