Monday, April 19, 2010

Definitely Honored...

Here are four of my ANGELS, four of my heroes. My mom, my brothers Dax and Zak and my husband Ryan. My life is so blessed by these four people, they all take such good care of me and give me the encouragement and strength to keep fighting.

They are leaving in a few weeks on the most incredible adventure to climb to the base camp of Mt. Everest. I am so excited for them, so excited that they get to participate in something so magnificent, so surreal. I am always moved when I see people really living... not taking their lives, God's wondrous creations and good health for granted and just really LIVING! Their trek to base camp epitomizes this and inspires me!!

They printed special shirts to wear on the trek and I am definitely honored to be a small part of their trek in this way. The Shirts Read:

In Memory of LEXI.
To Honor SHARLIE.
With Hope for BEN, LAUREN...
and all those who fight to breathe.



For those who don't know, Lexi is my little sister who lost her battle with Cystic Fibrosis at the age of 14 in 1995 and Ben and Lauren are my precious nephew and niece who were also born with Cystic Fibrosis. Ben is nine and Lauren is six, they are doing great!

Here is a picture of Base Camp. Just looking at the picture takes my breath away...not because of the lack of oxygen at this altitude but because of the majesty of this Mountain : )


7 comments:

Freddy and Mandy said...

Such a beautiful and surreal way to show support and love to such amazing people. I'm so blessed to know hero's like you and your family.

Cormorant said...

Wow! That is amazing. What a great thing to do--I wish them luck!

Stacy Harmer said...

Beautiful pictures and inspiring message. Thanks for creating and sharing the beauty in your life. Love you!

[BrookeO] said...

This definitely brings tears to my eyes and a smile to my face.

xoxo.

Somer Love said...

Love the shirts! I can't wait to hear all about their adventure!

BEN and BRIT said...

Thanks for sharing that Shar! That is really sweet and touching. You and your family inspire me to live life more fully.

kellibelli said...

Wow, this is amazing. I am inspired! How are they now?