Sunday, April 12, 2009

Hope and Peace



I gained a deeper and stronger testimony of the Atonement of my Savior when Lexi passed away. Suddenly I subconsciously knew that I had to reevaluate my beliefs and especially my belief in the Atonement. Would I really be reunited with Lexi again? Could I really be exalted despite my weaknesses, shortfalls and sins? Was Christ really aware of ME and did he really love me that much, that he was willing to take upon himself not only my sins, but my infirmities, my sorrows, and my pains as well?

I am so grateful for the powerful confirmation I received that the answer to all of these questions was a resounding YES! The Atonement became very real to me. I don't profess to understand how it works or comprehend the magnitude of it, but I can't deny my testimony. My experiences have witnessed unto me that Jesus Christ Lives and is my Savior, that he is aware of me and loves me and that because of his sacrifice, I will be reunited with my sister again and that I can be with my family for All Eternity. This testimony gives me hope and peace and perspective.

1 comment:

Emilee said...

Sharlie, I know you dont know me. I think that Somer has maybe told you about me. I just wanted to say that I too thought what an amazing talk Elder Holland gave that strengthened my testimony that much more. I am so grateful for the knowledge that we have of the gospel and truthfulness of it. I would love to talk with you. I love talking to others that have CF and can understand what I go through. if you want to email me at tigger_babe32@hotmail.com

Emilee