Friday, October 7, 2011

Angel Highlight #2 - Run for Lungs!

 Last Saturday, these five people were on my mind and in my heart:

Lee Taotafa
Jamie Pyatt
Corey Toomer
Rachel Hazen
Rob Hazen

They were running the St. George Marathon! I couldn't help throughout the day wondering how they were doing, and where they were on the course. I prayed several times that the strength their love and support had given me would return to them a hundred fold while they endured running 26.2 miles that day! A few months ago they set up this Give Forward site and asked their friends to donate $1 per mile to my medical fund. They have raised almost $6,000.00 already!! They shared our story with a local neighborhood paper. I am so blessed to have these people in my life. They are truly angels!
 

                                Corey                                                         Rob and Rachel
                                
                                          Lee                                                      Jaime





1 comment:

Hazen5 said...

If it wasn't for you I would have stopped at mile 18! Every stride was for you. Love you and hope you guys are getting some sightseeing in while you're in San Fran.