Saturday, June 28, 2008
I've never done this before, responded to a "tag" that is...but because I still haven't downloaded the pictures from our trip and because I enjoyed reading Susan's list so much, I'm going to take her up on her "tag!"
Here are SIX random things about me you may not know:
1. My heart is located under my right armpit. REALLY! When my right lung collapsed in '97, everything in my body shifted and my heart has gradually swam to make it's home under my right armpit. I love it when a new nurse puts the stethoscope to where my heart should be and listens intently for a beat only to scrunch up their face in confusion and tap their instrument to make sure it is working. I let them sweat a little before I explain why they are not hearing my heart. They never believe me until they actually move the stethoscope to where I tell them and then they light up in relief and disbelief!
2. I have a small bowl of Lime Sherbet with Magic Shell almost every night : ) I think that this is the most perfect dessert in the world. It is a creamy, refreshing nightly ritual that just makes me happy. I keep thinking that this is merely a phase and that I will grow tired of the same treat night after night but my mom recently brought over a questionnaire I filled out in FIRST grade and Ryan and I started cracking up when we read what I put down for my favorite dessert...Lime Sherbet with Magic Shell!! I don't think I'm growing out of this delicious phase...
3. I HATE spiders. It's the legs and they way they look when they crawl, it sends shivers up my back. The weird thing is that I can kill a spider if I absolutely have to but not with a tissue. It has to be with a shoe or spraying a whole can of hairspray on it (I've done it in desperation) or another thing that lets me stay a safe distance from the enemy. And, the even WEIRDER thing is that after I kill it, I cannot pick it up and throw it away. I don't know why, actually, if I am being completely honest here, I think there is a small part of me that truly believes the spider will come back to life and take its revenge on me when I pick it up. One time when Ryan was out of town, I was forced to kill a spider all by myself but it lay dead on the floor until Ryan returned home several days later to pick it up and flush it down its watery grave : )
4. I am a certified Masseuse. After returning home from living in Australia I was even more intrigued by holistic health practices and decided to enroll at IPSB (International Professional School of Bodywork). It was a life changing experience as I learned more about alternative medicine and bonded to a group of individuals that I massaged and was massaged by everyday. I learned then how much love can be communicated by healing touch. It was a wonderful journey and a very healthy time for me. I never intended to do it professionally but wanted the knowledge to bless my life and my family's lives. I would still love to return to school to become a licensed HHP (Holistic Health Practitioner).
5. Before I fall asleep, I instinctively crack my toe knuckles against Ryans legs. I know this annoys him but I can't help it and I just tell him that these are the little quirky things that he would miss if anything ever happened to me : )
6. I was in a AAA commercial. It's a long story but my mom wrote them a thank you letter after they rescued us when we locked Lexi's oxygen in the car. A year later we get a random call from them asking if they could feature our story in a commercial. They came to interview my mom and originally planned to hire actors to play my mom, Lexi and I in the commercial but after meeting my mom they asked if we would be the actors! They fell in love with her and doubted actors could recreate our story any better than we could. We were treated like stars...Lexi and I even had a bodyguard. We were picked up in a Limo and taken to Santa Monica to film the commercial. We were put up in an incredible hotel with an ocean view and received new wardrobes for the commercial that we got to keep. It was so fun to live the life of a star for a week!
Somer, Sara and Snarr girls (Dawn too)...you're IT!