Tuesday, March 13, 2012

She's waking up!

Sharlie's not quite ready to start blogging again.  I thought I'd post the Sharlie's Angels facebook updates from the night she woke up and a few pictures. There are some of us waiting, we called ourselves "Team Sharlie." The rest are from the night Sharlie first woke up from her transplant.  Sharlie doesn't have any memory of the night she first awoke, but we all do.  There were many tender, special moments.  

Here are the updates: 

Friday, Feb. 17, 6:04pm:
Sharlie is awake! She's still quite out of it and hasn't been extubated yet, but she is awake and can blink on command. I spoke to her and filled her in on everything that's been going on. She began to cry when I told her about the incredible support from all of her Sharlie's Angels on Facebook. They've significantly reduced the amount of oxygen she's on and is responding well. Life. Is. Beautiful.

Friday, Feb. 17, 10:28pm:
Sharlie's first words....."I love you"! She is fully awake and can't stop saying thank you! Her donor came up in the conversation and she immediately began sobbing and saying, "I'm so grateful, I'm so grateful, I'm so grateful." She is sore and uncomfortable, but is doing great. Joy.

Here are the pictures: 

-Ryan


TEAM SHARLIE
                            
This is how we knew Shar's surgery status.


On her way to ICU after Surgery!


Waking Up...

Holding Best Friend Suedy's hand.


Our girl and her equipment!