Sunday, February 3, 2008

God be with you till we meet again...



It was a week ago that we received news of our beloved Prophets passing. The moment of grief was followed by the sweetest peace. Peace that comes from the good news of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Peace that comes from picturing in my mind the Heavenly hosts welcoming this faithful servant home and the reunion of President Hinckley and his cherished wife Marjorie.

The Legacies left by this man have changed lives, strengthened the Church of Jesus Christ and certainly made this world a better place to live in. I will miss dearly listening to his uplifting words and giggling at his spunky sense of humor. My testimony of Jesus Christ was strengthened every time I heard President Hinckley speak, my heart would swell with the spirit which would confirm to me the truthfulness of the words I was hearing and the emotions I was feeling. I am so grateful for this man and hope that as I remember him I can honor him with choices I make and the way I live my life. I look forward to telling Harrison stories about this Prophet of God and the treasured memories I have of him. He would often close his Conference remarks with the phrase, "God be with you till we meet again." I've always loved this hymn and ever since I lost Lexi, it has been poignant for me. Now it has an added sweetness.


No comments: