What do you do when your mom tells you that she has a time share in Palm Springs that is going to go to waste if you don't use it?! We packed up the car and headed to the Gorgeous Desert Springs Marriott Villas for a week stay without a moments hesitation (Thank you Mom for your generosity and thank you USANA for that time freedom!)
Here are a few of the ingredients that made for our perfect trip:
* lots of pool time
* consequently, lots of "motor boat"
* night swimming
* rub a dub dub... all three of us in the tub! (It was enormous, actually room for one or two more!)
* taking Harrison to his first movie, "UP"
* feeding the Ducks
* watching the sun set behind the purple mountains
* movies in bed
* eating breakfast, lunch and dinner on our balcony overlooking the golf course
* oven baked frozen pizza for dinner and drumsticks for dessert (that's what happens when you send your husband to the store for more milk : ) )
* a morning at the children's museum
* a walk around the pond and time at the park
* a walk down El Paseo and dinner at Tommy Bahama (Harrison especially loved the Steel Drum player!)
* reading Leif Enger's new book
HARRISON LOVES DUCKIES!
...AND STEEL DRUM PLAYERS (he was mesmerized by his new friend!)
Even Harrison throwing up on the way home, (a little too much swallowed pool water) could not spoil our trip...we cleaned him up and he slept soundly on the way home. A stop at In n' Out for dinner on the way home topped off the trip just right : )